- The show must go on and the significant events in our students’ lives continued thanks to the wonders of technology – Lower School Prizegiving, the Summer Gala, Charter Day and Christmas celebrations all enjoyed – differently, but well.
- The students’ online skills improved as lessons moved online. Sometimes a little more challenged, our staff soon got the hang of things too!
- We appeared on the telly, well, on screen and teaching on Teams is now as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Fantastic exam results saw our Year 13 students off to the universities of their choice and a high proportion of our Year 11 students returning for the Sixth Form in September.
- Video has been our friend and our Virtual Open Days were very popular with parents. Once again we are heavily oversubscribed for next September.
- We kept up our efforts to do our bit for the planet – planting trees and hedges, improving our recycling and reducing our use of plastic.
- We continued our annual fundraising and were proud to raise around £3,500 for Book Aid, the Royal British Legion and Save the Children.
- Our students showed tolerance, maturity, adaptability and cooperation, even when times were challenging and situations frustrating.
- We learnt the value of education – the value of each other – to appreciate the world around us and the opportunities we are fortunate to enjoy.
- Things can only get better and we are looking forward with excitement to the launch of our 450th celebrations in September 2021 to include a whole school Broadway Musical, Miscellany at the Sheldonian Theatre, a fabulous Summer Ball and a reunion for our Alumni.
Exciting times to come. Watch this space!
February – March 2021