- For the second time in five years, the Rooflight Company, based here in the Wychwoods and advertised in this magazine, has been voted West Oxfordshire’s best employer, a heart-warming achievement that reflects so well on everyone who works there.
- Long-time Shipton residents, Kathleen and Frederick “Rick” Rickard who now live in Tall Trees, are celebrating 67 years of marriage! On Facebook they were described as ‘an inspiration to us all’. Rick used to be a pilot with Gulfair before he retired.
- We congratulate Sam Ness and his partner Jade on the birth of their daughter Florence, seven and a quarter pounds. Jade thought the baby was on its way but she was told that it would not be coming for some time. Fortunately, Sam, who lives in Magpie Alley and is busy building up his own maintenance and building operation, stepped in and did the job himself; his practical skills came in useful!
- It is now 10 years since Jacqui and Shana took over the running of Shipton post office and stores; what a job they have done, especially this difficult year!
- Whether it is a milestone or a millstone, our editor will reach his 70th birthday shortly before Christmas.